Velvety Creamless Cauliflower Soup
I just realized that I have not yet shared my favorite cauliflower soup recipe on this blog! This is one recipe I can basically make in my sleep. I already made it this year 8 times, and it is only the end of February. Normally, I really don’t like cauliflower served by itself (being steamed, raw or stir fried), but I do LOVE cauliflower in soup!
Did you know that cauliflower is low in fat, low in carbs but high in dietary fiber, folate, water, and vitamin C, possessing a high nutritional density? Also cauliflower contains several phytochemicals, common in the cabbage family, that may be beneficial to human health. Read more about cauliflower here.
The Verdict of Velvety Creamless Cauliflower Soup? This soup is so easy peasy to make! When blended, it comes out very velvety smooth. The soup seems creamy – some people may think that it has cream or milk, but it does not. The lemon juice adds a fresh zip to it. The tiny diced tomatoes and sprinkled truffle oil add an elegant taste on top. I find myself craving this soup from time to time and that is why I have made it so many times. Simple soup, yet very flavorful and filling indeed!
Velvety Creamless Cauliflower Soup Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 cups (medium-large head) of cauliflower, chopped
- 4-5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- dash salt and pepper
- white truffle oil (drizzled on top)
Velvety Creamless Cauliflower Soup Instructions:
- Heat olive oil in heavy pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes (or until onions are soft).
- Add cauliflower, saute for 2 additional minutes.
- Add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and gently simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Be careful with the hot liquids.
- Return soup to saucepan over low heat. Thin with more broth if desired.
- Stir in chives and lemon juice, stir, cook just until heated through (do not boil). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with finely chopped tomato and drizzle truffle oil on top. Serve immediately.
Soup Mistress Rating for Velvety Creamless Cauliflower Soup:
Healthy (+ slimming + low sodium): (5/5)